Keeper of Balance: finish all optional quests given by necromancers.
Someone's in a Hurry: finish the game without finishing any side quest.
Someone finally listened!!!: listen to all of Deckard Cains dialogues.
Master Tactician: kill 1000 enemies by using the environment.
Careless: trigger 100 traps.
- Registered User
Member for 12 years and 10 days
Last active Sun, Sep, 12 2010 15:50:51
- 0 Followers
- 70 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Aug 2, 2010Maybe we have to kill Diablo in the deepest depths of the Abyss itself? I mean, if he dies in the place he is always reborn in, then where else would he be spawned? Or possibly when we play we have to stay in the game forever and camp the Abyss and kill him every 5 minutes, when he respawns? That would be.... horrible? Amazing drops I bet, though o.oPosted in: Lore & Storyline
Jul 30, 2010First off, very nice post (I'd rep you but I can't because mine is broken) +1 to your awesomeness. I was actually going to write something up very similar to this tomorrow but I guess I don't have to now.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
10 New Acts - I agree that we will see a new area. It will probably be shown with the new class similar to Borderlands with the Monk. However, I hope that they keep dreadlands and whatever is the final place we see a secret. Hopefully the game will come out next year which leaves one more area to show and keep the last one a secret.
9. Monsters - We will for sure see some new monsters and hopefully one bigger monster. I do not think nor want to see any Act bosses however.
8. Respec - I don't see us getting much information on this. It is a system that is not to integral to the development of the game and can change easily at any time.
7. Resource systems - This is something I definitely think they will talk about. It is something that they have boasted about since last BLizzcon and through the information they have shared, is something that they are working hard on. As long as they feel good with where they are at with this, they will definitely show it to us.
6. Crafting - I am not exactly sure what they will share about this and it all really depends on what they are doing with it. In line with this, there are two other systems they have yet to show us and I think it is very possible that this could be one of them. I also think they will be showing us one of the two systems.
5. Unannounced - I don't know how much we will get simply because we don't know how much there is. I don't think we will get too much in this area because this kind of information is usually shared through Bashiok responses and twitter updates. Blizzcon will focus on more major aspects.
4. PvP - This is something that I think they will still keep a secret, for now. PvP is a big part of the Diablo community and this is something big they can keep to prolong people's interest.
3. Rune system - Like the resource system, this is something they talk about frequently and am sure they are excited to share. They even seemed disappointed themselves leaving it out last year. I expect to hear a lot about the changes they have made and some examples of how they work.
2. Fifth class - I can't see how they won't show us this. This is the biggest information about the game they can share and Blizzcon is the time to do it.
1. release date - Highly unlikely. Even if they have one in mind, it is still too far away to announce anything. We might possibly get that Diablo is projected for 2011 but nothing more specific than that.
Jul 30, 2010Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
October 22-23, 2010, Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
Pack your bags and remember to sprinkle some food for your fish before you leave because this is the place to be where all of our patience pays off and questions will be answered… hopefully. Take a look at these 10 top questions Blizzcon must answer and why!
10. The New Acts.
We’ve been taken to a journey through the Caldeum, New Tristram, and recently the Borderlands and all of these environments are epic. Which parts of the Diablo world can we expect to make a return and which new ones are we going to see? The Diablo world is a vast one with varied places such as the swampy Marshlands, the dark Dreadlands or to the icy Arreat Crater and these sceneries will possibly make its way in the upcoming acts. Besides, all of this will give us a feel of how close of a finished product Diablo really is.
9. New Bestiary & Bosses.
What is the Diablo world without something to smash and loot? The Thousand Pounder, the Siegebreaker Assault Beast and King Leoric were all brand spanking new and excitement filled baddies that we just can’t wait to beat the living or non-living crap out of. And if this is just a sample of things to come, it’s a safe bet to say that we have awesome bosses and bestiary stored for us in the oh so near future. I, for one, would like to see the return of zombified Griswold!
8. The Respec System.
Bashiok gave us the general idea of the respec system but he didn’t really go into detail as to the requirements and how to accomplish a respect. Will it be easy or will it be hard to gain a respect? Is there a cap as to how many times you can respect? What is the cost and are there any penalties?
Quote from name="Bashiok" date="Blizzcast #13 on 25 February 2010 @ 43:32" »
For Diablo III we don't have it really nailed down yet but some of the main points we do want to hit are that it's more than just a gold cost for changing your mind. Although that will be a major component of it. That it's targeted for specific skills so you're not resetting your entire skill tree, but you're able to target specific skills to reset those ones specifically. To also scale the cost of respecing so early on in the game it's cheaper and easier to respec and as you go farther into the game it will be harder and more expensive.[Source]
7. Character Resource Systems.
Blizzard announced that each character will have a unique resource system. The Barbarian will have Fury; Witch Doctor, Mana; Wizard, Instability; Monk, ______; and ______, ______. The Barbarian’s Fury system has went through different systems such as the Rage system, the Damage Increasing system and finally to the Endless Fury system which we did not get to see a demo of in last years Blizzcon.
Damage Increasing system
But to get an idea of this Endless Fury system, here is what Jay Wilson had to say:
Quote from name="Jay Wilson" date="Diablo III panel @ Blizzcon 2009" »
The Barbarian can essentially just recycle his fury so fast that he was hitting dudes with Leap Attacks or Seismic Slams and stuff like that. If he hits a lot of targets, he generates a lot of Fury and he can just instantly just do another skill again. But if he wastes like a really big AOE skill on one dude, then he wastes a lot of his Fury and then he has to kinda start over a little bit. It’s a really fast pace system, it doesn’t kinda get in the way of his fun and hold him back but it does make him think about where/what he’s going to hit and what kind of skills he’s going to use on what type of monsters. And that makes it a lot more fun to play him.[Source]
Neat. The Endless Fury system feels like the right system for the Barbarian and hopefully this particular system will not get scrapped but it is still being worked on.
Quote from name="Bashiok" date="2. Re: Core Issues 06/17/2010 12:55:43 PM PDT" »
Fury is going through some further iteration. The orb system wasn't really working out like we had hoped and was creating some roadblocks. The other resource systems, nothing really to share. The wizard instability is reworked as well. More about all those at BlizzCon.[Source]
Flash back to January and a tweet stated that the monk resource system early implementation is complete; therefore, we can expect a finished or near finished resource system for the monk and perhaps all classes.
Quote from name="Diablo" date="Twitter on 5 January 2010 @ 9:12 AM" »
The monk resource system early implementation complete. A resource certainly fitting of a holy warrior. [Source]
Nothing has been revealed about crafting except that the Horadic Cube will not be returning (no exact source could be found for this). So what cube-like structure will we be using this time to fulfill our needs to mix in Wirt’s leg and make things mysterious doings appear? Not a Rubix cube that's for damn sure! Hopefully, a completely new crafting system that is more effective with tons-o-recipes.
5. The Unannounced.
There are several aces in the magician-like sleeves of Blizzard just waiting for the right timing to dish out a magical spectacle that will strike us in awe. Will there be a new system relating to questing, gambling, banking, guilds, etc? The unknown is sooooo titillating!
4. Player Versus Player
How will it work and what features will it have? No information has been given and we are all dying to know if Blizzcon will be the event that tells us this info.
Quote from name="Bashiok" date="24. Re: PK options restored in D3 07/02/2008 05:28:58 PM PDT" »
...That doesn't mean that PvP won't have its own focus, but those are details and features we aren't yet discussing.[Source]
3. The Rune system.
Last year, we got a taste of how l33t the Rune System can dramatically change your character’s skills to further customize your character. But this year we want to see any new changes and more in-depth information on its possible uses. Also in the last year’s playable demo, runes were not droppable so we’re hoping this year that it is droppable and that we can tinker around with it.
2. The Fifth Class.
A lot of speculation has been building up to what exactly the next class will be ranging from the common guesses such as the Ranger or the Bard and to most unlikely such as the Vampire or Werewolf. So, let’s end this forever long speculation and announce us the last class during Blizzcon 2010!
1. A Release Date.
Blizzard keeps giving us the run around on when we can see Diablo III on the shelves by telling us ‘Soon’ or this recent comment from Bashiok:
Quote from name="Bashiok" date="12. Re: any progress on the game?? 07/25/2010 03:03:47 PM PDT" »
Stupid amounts of progress have been made. It's stupid. The amounts. They're just silly in the enormity of them. And the progress.[Source]
All of this of course, leaves us to cross our fingers and pray on our beds at night for the day we get to hear an actual release date!
Easter Eggs (secret cow level).
Mar 6, 2010Will there be some sort of microphone chatting?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
There has been no confirmed answer on whether or not Diablo III will have a voice chat system. However, World of Warcraft and StarCraft II do, so it is safe to assume that Diablo III will as well.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.