I just finished Diablo 2 LOD on Normal, currently bashing through Nightmare.
Playing FarCry and Perimeter as well.
If you are looking for a free, colorful FPS, Heretic and heXen are there for you (I can give links).
And if you didn't try Mount&Blade yet, it is the ultimate horse fighting game! (pretty much free, too)
- Registered User
Member for 14 years, 6 months, and 28 days
Last active Sat, May, 5 2012 18:01:05
- 35 Followers
- 13,999 Total Posts
- 103 Thanks
Dec 4, 2006Equinox posted a message on WHAT game should we play until diablo 3 ccomes out?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Dec 4, 2006Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
It's not a Diablo clone. Not every Hack&Slash is. But Nox is very different in a lot of aspects, too many aspects. Nox rules, anyway, shame they never continued it.Quote from "Palisade" »This is a screenshot of Nox. It was a diablo clone, released after the original diablo but came out a year before diablo 2. These blurry screen-shots dont do the game justice (game looks much better in motion.)
Dec 1, 2006Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
I really don't see why people are against this class. There was no fighter class in Diablo II, there was a barbarian, but a barbarian is really not that type of fighter, it is mostly a blunt fighter.Quote from name="Elfen Lied" »
a fighter, hmm in DND fighter just meant warrior, they could still use heavy armor and big weapons and the like, wonder if they will be similar?
Then there is the paladin, but he is too magic concentrated.
So fighter was something like the old warrior from D1, and also a cross between barb and paladin. Also, fighters should have weapon mastery, not barbarians.
Nov 26, 2006The windowed mode worked, sort of, but I actually wanted there to be black screen outside. I keep clicking outside the window and returning to desktop... it looks like most games adapted the open-desktop windowed mode. Is there any way to make black area behind the image?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Regarding what I want to see in Diablo III. I was playing Diablo II recently and thought some random stuff. But since the game frustrates me a lot don't take all this too seriously:
1. If you sold something valuable by accident you should be able to get it back for free or for less price at least.
2. There should be at least some hard-to-kill monsters like the Butcher or Skeleton King from Hellfire. All the boses except the end ones are pretty easy to kill. And those bosses shouldn't be surrounded by hordes of monsters, prefferably.
3. End monsters (Andariel, the sand one, etc.) shouldn't be 30 times as hard to kill as the average monsters are. I go around in Tal Rasha's tombs, everyone is pretty weak, then I reach the sand boss and he kills me like 17 times in a row.
4. There should be more space on end boss grounds, otherwise it's a big problem for Amazon and wizard classes - they need space to run around, they are not fighting anyone directly.
5. Automatic potion delivery - while someone may say that it's more realistic when you can only carry 4 x 3 potions and only use those potions, all it really does is determine how many times will you use town portal to get more potions in the belt...
6. There is something wrong with money in the game. By the start of Lut Goleign my stash and my max carring amounts were maxed out. I couldn't bear any more money. And I didn't run in the same place twice, I didn't use money charms... Maybe shops should have more better weapons, I don't know.
7. Town portal as a used-up item, in my opinion, is pretty pointless. Every time I fill up I right click my tome of town portal. Every 20 times I buy 20 scholls. It doesn't make sense anymore, you can as well put an artifact that takes 200 gold every time you use it.
8. Unique items should be better. They should be rarer. Most of the time they are no better than usual magical items. And I remember when in Hellfire I found a bow with 0 damage and 30-100 fire damage. Now THAT was something. Green items are too rare and too useless sometimes for that rareness. I didn't get a single green item yet and I'm in act III... End bosses shouldn't give class-inappropriate stuff. I'm an amazon, I kill the sand monster, and they give me antlers. ANTLERS! And an amulet that is worse then the one I already wear.
9. The get-your-back corpse thing should be tilted a bit, I think. If your corpse is in some stupid spot right in front of an end bosse's nose it is a problem, and getting it back and then running away in a town portal may be much more problematic than actually killing the monster.
10. Fire damage should (may) have an enflame effect.
11. Monsters shouldn't be faster than the player is.
12. Dexterity should force an end boss miss occasionaly!
13. They shouldn't die if you die.
14. I wouldn't mind them fully equippable and with their own inventory, but I guess that's too much.
15. Make a halt command and a leave command - they always die from end bosses, you have to put them out of the way somehow.
Nov 23, 2006Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
I found out they actually have that option in Diablo LoD already... Well, I hate what Russians make to games, all right. Because in a normal LoD you can actually assign any skill to any key. So all I had to do is make the ASDFG thing for myself manualy. :rolleyes:Quote from "PhrozenDragon" »
But yes, they should look at other games and see what happens, but at the same time retain the Diablo "feeling". A hard thing to do, but I have, as always, confidence in Blizzards abilities.
Do any of you guys know how to access the Diablo II LoD console? I know a way to make it windowed, and I really need that since I have a widescreen monitror.
Nov 20, 2006How? With the fact that you have to run around for hours until you find that damn waypoint when you are sick of the game already? On the first levels it's perfectly OK with me. But on the Hell levels, it's too long a road. I want to check every chest and kill every creature, but that takes about 2-3 hours in a row toward the next waypoint. I can't sit on a chair for that long or hit the LMS for that long. Make it only one save, OK. Make it save on quits, OK. But loading you in the encampment just drove me crazy. It's not a "come-back" point, it's simply a pause from the game... why remove it?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Hardly anyone heard of Nox. And it's a Westwood game... probably my favorite Hack&Slash ever, shame they died... but I'm only proposing that as one of the ways out of the multiple-skill-use situation.
Nov 20, 2006I started with Hellfire and beat it (Normal), then I played Diablo 2 and beat it too (Normal), but I never beat LoD, though I reached the very end. My mom beat Diablo LoD on Normal and Nightmare, though. On Hell she always became bored and dropped it.Posted in: Diablo I & Hellfire
I never felt like doing it all over again so I never went from Normal to Nightmare.
Nov 20, 2006I would like to see some improvement on the skill-using interface. If you use 3 skills that you interchange (for whatever reason) it becomes troublesome to control them all at once, because there is only one active skill/spell. If anyone played Nox, I liked how they made it there - there you could select 5 active skills to your liking, and those skills got activated by pressing A-S-D-F-G. Nox was always full of tons of spells so it was pretty handy there.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
It is probably just me, but I was very annoyed by Diablo 2's saving thing. I preffer to save at a point, and load at a point. If I die, I die, and I load back. I don't always have enough time to reach a waypoint, and in levels like those Hell levels that really was a problem.
Nov 20, 2006I really don't know about the stash. I am an economic kind of guy so I always keep a ton of items and potions and charms in the stash and I always ran out of space. But maybe that's a good thing, my stash would be huge if it was limitless. I kept chucking it onto the ground but then I always forgot to take it back.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Nov 20, 2006Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Tell him to make a photograph. Or get it on a video camera.Quote from "Thasador" »Ryan is unable to. He said that the Ctrl+Print Screen feature doesnt work on the alpha. He already posted that
Nov 19, 2006Guys, just put it on the very first page on the very first post. First 2 pages is what I did read, and it is mostly Ryan talking. When it is somewhere in the middle of a topic no one is going to find it.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Nov 19, 2006You did read this interview, right: http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/601/Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Quite some proof if you ask me. Nothing direct, but still...
Sorry if someone did post it already, this topic has too much flood.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jan 5, 2007You don't need a legal game to play with friends, you only need Hamachi - that's what I'm talking about. Currently, with old games, it only makes sense to play with friends or on private servers like PGT, because all other places, hacks everywhere. Even StarCraft! WCII and WoW work, but I play neither, so I can only wait for Diablo III and StarCraft II to buy, so far, no multiplayer for me, unless I get a friend who plays Diablo II/StarCraft...Posted in: News
Jan 5, 2007The bad thing about Blizzard is their support of old games. I bought Diablo 1, could have as well downloaded it - after I went to the multiplyer, people in there were copying items, giving themselves 99999 health, casting apocalypse on level 1, etc... impossible to play properly.Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.