I decided to make my own character, and I hope you all like it:
Reliigon Based Character:
Description (General): A group of men who have a divided mind. Each choosing a different path. One chooses the Burning Hells as his heaven, and the others choose the light. Description (Physical): When you start out, you have dress in a very light thick clothes that offer very little protectionl. In your pocket, there is a book that carries an enchantment with a holy protection over your head, but in your hands is a small dagger, that has been your friend since your long journey.
Other: He is a man mastered in the religious power, both or Dark, Light, and Individual. You can make your choice of becoming either, and then be the master of it.
(Dark Male Priest)
(Female Light Priest)
Didnt like because:
1) As Kenzai allready said we allreayd have 2 casters. A third one would weird (3 caster out of 5 classes? boring).
2) No creativity. This class have no personality, because it's a overused concept.
3) This priets is execly how wow's priest is. I kno you guys gonna flame me for that comparison, but calm down i'm not one of those wow haters. it would just be lamefull to see D3's classes with the same concept of wow classes just because I and most of blizzards fans have passed mouths or years playing wow and don't wanna see the same classes again. Think how bitter would be find the next two classes are a Hunter with a pet, a bow and a trap skill tree and this priest. It would bring nothing new to the world of games and i hope the next two classes really bring something new like the WD.
4) the most important, like wow, this concept of dark and light don't fit well here. In idablo you can mix your skill trees. Thats mean i could creat a Light/Dark priest. If it was a arcane caster it's ok, but it's not, it's a religious caster. It mean that himself have no power but he deity bless him with miracles. But how the same person can be agent of two RIVAL and ENEMY deitys ? Why the fuck the High Heavens would give power to someone that is also agent of the Burning Helll ? Thats 100% unlogical and against Diablo's lore.
Now I may be wrong, but i think the need for a beastmaster is already filled by the Barb and Witch-doctor. The former has the wilderness muscle thing going on and the latter has all of those dudes he can summon. But i may be wrong. I personally think the next class will be a sorta paladin-esque guy, since they had the wizard who is sorta like the sorceress but different
This is slightly related: Holy crap! Have you noticed the d3 vid showing the barb and witch doctor is just like the last campaign in frozen throne?? With the beast master and the witch doctor?
That troll is not a WD, he is a shadow hunter, a healer/crowd controler based at agility.
And yeah, we really need someone to fill the ''good guy'' slot created by the paladin's leave.
The only way they could innovate here was sending a archer that follow that line.
There are actually three archetypes: Fighter, Magician and rogue.
However, there are many skill types that cant be given to only these three. (Dont know how to really explain what i think.)
Knight is actually just a type of fighter, just like the barb. They arent the same at all though.
Also note how i say "far-east influenced" and not something like samurai or ninja which would be too specific. Its just another type of fighter, with rogue elements mixed in. (Depending on build, you can just be a dagger and bow using class too. Just like a rogue.)
Hope i could explain.
Archetyple in my opnion are those classic class that you can find in any RPG, so they gameplay style are allready know by everyone, even before we play the game.
Like the wizard. We kno he/she gonna have a huge amount of damage, elemental attacks, wear staffs/wands, have a low hp, etc..
A barbarian ? We kno hes a giant brawler that use physical attacks, big weapons, skills linked to rage/fury/frenzy, have a high HP, etc...
When i think about a eastern influence warrior nothing ''archetyple'' comes in my head for diablo's gamestyle, but a ninja (stealth, k.o. backstabs, throwing weapons, evasion, shadow spells, poisons, illusions, some limitated elemental attacks, smoke bombs).
Still the Archer and the Goth-plated Shield user is much more important ''archetype'' then a ninja.
The barb skills are incomplete. I hope he will have at least some axe throwing skills.
We probably will see another shield user though. And according to the build, he will hopefully be able to use crossbows (give him shortbows like European knights really had, if necessary.).
And the last class will be the far-east influenced agile warrior who can use (depending on build) spears, glaives (naginata) and fine swords or shorter swords and daggers, as well as longbows and some exotic throwing weapons. Also lots of elemental and/or mystical magic stuff.
Serisouly though, i think every ranged or melee weapon is cowered that way. As well as shields.
Thats is allways a possiblity i would like this kind of class to.
However the ''Knight'' and the ''Rogue'' are much more archetyple then the ''Far-easy warrior'', so i guess the chances we get those kind of things are pretty low.
Maybe in a expancion =)
A Bow/Dagger user with some traps and even holy spells.
A Shield User (Knight) with unholy and wicked powers. We really need a knight class kenzai. The only shield skill the barb uses is the Shield Mastery passive. He have NO active shield abilities like paladins Smite and Holy Shield. We cannot say the barbarian are a ''Shield User'' class like the paladin was.
Also do not forget that in D2 we have ''useless weapons'' like daggers that no class used that. We also had the throwing knifes and axes that only a VERY wierd barbarian build could use that.
So we can have no class expecialised in javellins, crossbows, throwing...
I would love if they implement the weapon system from wow. There every class have not just 2 weapon slots like diablo (Right hand and left hand) but 3 slots (main hand, off hand and ranged).
So every class have ranged and melee weapons (Warriors and Rogues uses throwing in high lvl i guessl, Cloths (priest, mage and warlock) uses wands, hunter uses bows/crossbows and druids paladins and shamans have no rnaged weapon, they use this slot with totms, books and relics).
I think a barbarian with throwing weapon as alternative ranged weapons would be nice.
- Hyerophant: Some elemental magic, white magic (like healing and anti undead demon attacks) and pure magic. See my sign for deep detail =-)
- Ranger/Mercenary: Uses bow, daggers, stealth and traps. Some skills linked to the new's game mechanics would be great, like a one point skill for climbing.
- (Some wicked name) Knight/Guardian: The counterpart of pally. Have some combat skills based at special fire attacks and lifesteal. Also have aura AND curses at the same time. Kenzai, here go your sword/shield user !
But I LOVED the joker suggestion. A wicked Joker, who uses scepters and have tarot spells.
He could kill demons for sadism or just to get the gold they keep. Hes a very greedy guy.